The Information and Communications Technology Demonstration Centre for Innovation in Tourism (CD TIC Innovación Turística) is an initiative by the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism through Red.es, with the Cabildo of Gran Canaria, through the Corporation for the Economic Development of Gran Canaria (SPEGC), the Las Palmas de Gran Canaria City Council and the National Corporation for Management of Innovation and Tourism Technologies (SEGITTUR).
The initiative is funded by the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism and the Cabildo of Gran Canaria, and 85% co-funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
This Demonstration Centre, located in Gran Canaria’s Science and Technology Park, at the Canary Islands Exhibition Centre (INFECAR) in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, provides the local community and tourism companies with knowledge of, and in the adoption of Information and Communication Technologies.
CD TIC Innovación Turística has spaces in which interested ICT companies can show tourism companies, in a practical way, technology products and services aimed at improving their productivity and competitiveness. It seeks to be a meeting point for technological innovation and the needs of the tourism sector and, for that purpose, brings together the supply of innovative solutions and the demand identified, encourages implementation of ICT tools and applications in businesses, and sets in motion actions to develop and improve the island, its population and tourists, in line with the characteristics of an Intelligent Tourist Destination.
ICT Demonstration Centre Services for Innovation in Tourism
- Access to its equipment, systems and technology infrastructure so that businesses can find out about and test these systems and experiment with new solutions in a real environment.
- Audiovisual and training space at the disposal of businesses, which can be used as a meeting point for supply and demand. Technology firms can in this way demonstrate the value of their solutions and applications in improving productivity, competitiveness and services of the tourist sector.
- Advice, capacity-building and training of professionals, self-employed persons and tourism and technology SMEs.
- Promoting ICT tools and applications in tourism firms, programmes for exchange of experience, bolstering innovation in business models and data analysis programmes.
- Promoting the development of an Intelligent Tourist Destination to facilitate interaction and integration of the visitor in the environment and increase the quality of his experience at the destination.
For further information about the ICT Demonstration Centre for Innovation in Tourism visit www.cdticturismo.com.